POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? : Re: How *annoying* is this? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How *annoying* is this?
From: St
Date: 18 Mar 2008 15:58:26
Message: <47e02cf2$1@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
news:47dee9d2@news.povray.org...

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47dee683$1@news.povray.org...
>
>>     I can't get off the page unless I click 5 times 'really' fast on the
>> back button in IE6 (just discovered that in angry mode! Grr!)  :)
>
> No need. There's a small arrow next to the back button in IE 6 (on the
> right
> side in my browser). Click that and you'll get a drop down list of your
> browsing history. Select the second entry down (which should read
> something
> about google images). No screen shot. Is past my bed time already.
>
>>       Is there no other way around using that code for a website with
>> frames? BTW, to me frames always = tables. What am I missing with this?
>>

> Frames != tables. Tables are a layout tool (an abused one). Frames are
> used
> to create sub 'windows' within one site

 Aha! Thanks Gail. Now I understand it a little more. (I know through my own
website code what a table is, I use them myself, but I wouldn't even know
how to implement a 'frame' (which I thought was another name for a table)).
(Yeah, I suck BT).  :o/

> Some years ago there was a rash of people loading other people's content
> in
> their own frames, making it look as if they were the author of the
> content.

    Really? People did that with other peoples websites? *Why* would they do
that? For what reason?

> Many website designers (myself included) have code to ensure that their
> site
> is not loaded into other people's frames

      Ok, cool move imo if it works good?

      ~Steve~